HIMSS19 Global Conference & Exhibition
2019 HIMSS GLOBAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION
The 2019 HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition, February 11–15, 2019 in Orlando, is the leading health information and technology conference, bringing together 45,000+ professionals from 90+ countries for the education, innovation and collaboration they need to transform health through information and technology – all at one time, all in one place. Choose from 300+ education sessions, 1,300+ vendors, hundreds of special programs and endless networking events.
Register for the conference and book your hotel room through the HIMSS Conference website.
Join your colleagues at the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Pre-Conference Symposium
NURSING INFORMATICS SYMPOSIUM: BEYOND THE EHR: CHANGING CARE MODELS, CHANGING ROLES
Now that most organizations have implemented an EHR, what's next? Explore the changing role of the nurse and the impact on informatics, with a focus on care coordination. You'll hear from an expert group of speakers on moving beyond the EHR to leverage innovation, analytics, information and technology to manage the continuum of care.
- Outline the concept of care coordination and the role of the nurse informaticist in changing care models
- Discuss the role of social and behavioral determinants of health information in caring for individuals
- Address ways that organizations have reduced ER visits among at-risk populations
- Outline the importance of utilizing data across the continuum of care
- Describe how to incorporate analytics into your informatics practice