Unique Nurse Identifier
The Nursing Knowledge: Big Data Science Policy and Advocacy Workgroup and the Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI) recommend the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) ID should be used by key stakeholders as a nurse identifier to help demonstrate the value of nursing through research, and enhance individual care and health outcomes via more comprehensive documentation in the EHR, ERP, and other technologies and systems.
- Listen to the presentation here.
- Download the slide deck here.
- View policy statement here.
- View infographic here.
- View FAQ here.
- OJNI article here: Demonstrating the Value of Nursing Care Through Use of a Unique Nurse Identifier
Proof of Concept Pilots
- Read the summary here.
- Advocating for a Unique Nurse Identifier
- Improving Patient Outcomes Through Sharable, Comparable Nurs... : CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing (lww.com)