Patient ID Now
Patient ID Now is a coalition of healthcare organizations representing a wide range of healthcare stakeholders committed to advancing through legislation and regulations a nationwide strategy to address patient identification.
HIMSS is a founding member and AMIA and ANI are members of the coalition.
Year in Review
Call to Action
- Sign on Letter -- If your organization is not part of the coalition but would like to sign onto the letter, please use this google form
- Appropriations - if you would like to fill out an appropriations form for your Member of Congress, use this link
- May 4, 2021: Request $7mil funding to ONC for Patient Matching. See more information here.
- July 12, 2021 : House Appropriations Committee did not include Section 510 which banned federal funds from being used around patient identification. See more information here.
- April 23, 2021: ANI voted in support to adopt the proposed Framework for a National Strategy on Patient Identity
- April 5, 2021: the letter to the Appropriations Committees requesting the repeal of Section 510 in the FY22 Labor-HHS appropriations bills. Here you can find the final House and Senate letters.